BT Broadband Basic Upgrade

greepa99 00:15 29 Jul 2005

Hi all I have read that BT have stated that all Broadban Basic customers (like myself) should have been upgraded to the new standard of 2MB howver I am still getting a speed of 512K. Is anybody else who gets BT Broadband basic in the same position.

All replies much appreciated

jan-boy 00:19 29 Jul 2005

Yep. Still waiting but BT have until the end of August to complete the upgrade or so I beleive.

FRANKMAC 04:44 29 Jul 2005

Still waiting here too..... spoke to one of thier engineers the other day.... and no suprise they are running behind schedule.

The Old Mod 07:37 29 Jul 2005

Like you, I thought I would never be upgraded, but a couple of weeks ago without any warning I logged on to find I was now at 1mb, this being the fastest that my line would support.

Dervy 12:53 09 Aug 2005

Hi, just to say that I've spoken with BT (mutiple departments) on this issue after receiveing an e-mail from them saying my upgrade (from 512k to 2mb, which is their "standard service") cannot be done. They say this is due to technical problems and I will have to wait for the local exchange to be upgraded.

They will however continue to charge me the same price as that for a 2mb connection.

Well, that's BT for you !!!!!!!!!!

Stuartli 15:58 09 Aug 2005

Tiscali is currently offering 2MB for £15.99 after upgrading it from 1MB for both existing and new customers...:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?