BT B.B leeking through to O.Express

Furkin 10:21 11 Apr 2008

Hi again,
For reasons of my own - I prefer to use my Supanet/O.Express, which is linked to my BT B.Band.
Since BT's problem a couple of weeks ago, my BT BB mails have ben leaking into my Supanet/O.express Inbox.
This is more than likely due to my p***** about with settings before I knew that BT was down.
Obviously - I can't remember what I did, but I assume that I changed something in the Tools > Accounts set-up.
Can any one help to stop this please ?

cheers

Technotiger 10:42 11 Apr 2008

I am on BT BB, didn't know about any 'shut-down', have never had any problems with BT.

Perhaps you need to re-set your router.

Furkin 12:25 11 Apr 2008

Hi Techno:
Yep,,,, BT had a prob some weks ago -((click here))
Won't bore you with the details = here if you want to see ((how does one put 'Click Here' link in these pages ?))

I have a new Router arrived today (Voyager 220) but am convinced that it was something I did at that time.

Will prob install new Router later anyhoo.

Thanks again Techno.

Furkin 12:28 11 Apr 2008

ooooooooooooooooops,,,, did I answer my own question ?

Am I right in assuming that we just paste the http/www address into thetext & it automatically turns to a Click Here link ?

Furkin 13:13 11 Apr 2008

New router installed - hopefully this eliminates any physical problems ?!

Sea Urchin 14:01 11 Apr 2008

Yes, you are correct with regard to the Click Here links

woodchip 14:11 11 Apr 2008

I would say that there is an account for BT in Outlook Express, all you should need do is disable or remove the account. change the settings for it so it does not download to it

woodchip 14:13 11 Apr 2008

Have a look under Programs on the desktop, there may be a folder that sets restore working

woodchip 14:15 11 Apr 2008

Sorry that was for another thread

Technotiger 14:17 11 Apr 2008

I have been away - anyway, hope all is ok again now, and as Sea Urchin has already said - yes that is how to make a 'click here' ..... Cheers.

Furkin 09:49 16 Apr 2008

once again- many thanks.

I have done nothing,,,,,,,, but it seems 'back to normal' again - I can't even guess what might have caused this glitch, which possibly only happened once (tho' the messages had several 'snding' dates).

Result (or should I say Resolved) !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?