BT ASDL & ISDN Questions.

Giggle n' Bits 21:35 01 Feb 2004

WinME > I have 2 freinds local to us, Friend 1 has BT ASDL conncetion with a USB Modem. Problem is that everytime when she wants to go online it will only connect on the "second attempt".
Is this a known common problem and any one know how to make it connect "first time" nearly every time, ISP is BT Internet/openworld.

Friend 2 "XP Home" (neighbours) have a "BT ISDN line" with a USB Cable from box on wall to rear USB on PC and isp is Freeserve. He has a number of problems
like sometimes its not possbile to connect and the Icon in system tray show with a Red Cross, or sometimes there is another phone inthe house which will never work when your conected online.
Things seem to work better when on 1 channel, but when on 2 channel the phone dosn't work.

Also PC on this machine on first boot of every day starts up get half way and

Does anyone out there if this is a common problem with ISDN or ADSL, its not the first time I have heard this, I have read somewhere online year ago when I was considering these types of connection

smegs 22:43 01 Feb 2004

I have the same setup as Ur neighbours, same ISP, I have had NO problems what so ever. Who put the wiring in for the extention phone for the MODEM? Has it been put in right? As for the RED X, I would reinstall the drivers again. "Things seem to work better when on 1 channel, but when on 2 channel the phone dosn't work". Don't know what Ur on about.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone