BT anytime/openworld

birkdalite 18:46 07 Jan 2003
  birkdalite 18:46 07 Jan 2003

I have been using BT quite happily for some time now, with almost unfailing first time connection.For the last few days however it has taken 2/3/4 times before connection, is it just me or is this happening generally?

misery 19:00 07 Jan 2003

you're not on your own, wonder if they're trying to get us onto broadband?

Demora 19:03 07 Jan 2003

I got so fed up with this frequentyly happening I went to v21 for cheaper broadband.
click here

Demora

Quiller. 19:06 07 Jan 2003

Sorry first time always and no probs.

Have ya paid ya bill? lol

blackmoon 19:09 07 Jan 2003

Mine connects first time everytime. However, mine does sometimes disconnect itself after about an hour. Really frustrating!!

Rtus 19:23 07 Jan 2003

Even I have these problems recently to the point Im fed up with the whole thing. what was a reliable mode of internet access is now more of a hinderance. the problem occured after the hourly rate cut (120hrs)was anounced.I get various error reports i-e password incorrect cant find server etc .but funnily enough if I use the daytime 1p per min number it connects straight away( same account paswords an all).I may very well close this account as its limits have been modified from those I accepted on signup.Ive looked at other options and there as limited.broadband isnt an option for me its not available here.

Bapou 20:46 07 Jan 2003

No problems, it's very rare that a redial is necessary at any time of day.

Bapou 20:48 07 Jan 2003

No problems, it's very rare that a redial is necessary at any time of day.

shuggee 22:25 07 Jan 2003

I have never had any problems connecting with BT Surftime. I have had a problem with remaining connected, however. Sometimes I get cut off seconds after connecting. I reconnect and it happens again. Sometimes it happens repeatedly until I get fed up and pack it in. Other times it will happen a few times and then be ok.

I have considered changing to another ISP but from posts I have read they all seem to be as bad as each other.

If anyone knows of a reliable one I'd be grateful to hear about it.

shuggee 22:25 07 Jan 2003

I have never had any problems connecting with BT Surftime. I have had a problem with remaining connected, however. Sometimes I get cut off seconds after connecting. I reconnect and it happens again. Sometimes it happens repeatedly until I get fed up and pack it in. Other times it will happen a few times and then be ok.

I have considered changing to another ISP but from posts I have read they all seem to be as bad as each other.

If anyone knows of a reliable one I'd be grateful to hear about it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017