BT 1800HG wireless connections

chelseabluekat 15:31 28 Mar 2006

Can anyone help please - I have this BT 1800HG wireless router, hard wired to main computer, another machine additional wireless adapter connection, a wireless laptop connection and a xbox 360 connection - which all worked perfectly.

Youngest son had a new computer which I tried to add to the network using a BT 1055 adaptor - but it will not access the internet, even though we can see it working in the hub monitoring system.

BT, say it's not possible, all firewalls have been dropped, IP pinged etc - they still have no answer only to tell me to not buy one of their adaptors, so after at more expense I bought a linkys adaptor as recommended, which worked when set up but when you log off it, loses the IP so now this doesn't work either even though we can see it working on our home network hub monitor.

For some reason, the hub will not asign a permanent IP address to the new computer.

HELP please!

mgmcc 00:12 29 Mar 2006

Try giving the new computer's network adapter a FIXED IP address in the same subnet (IP address range) that the rest of the network uses.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone