BSOD/XP WONT BOOT UP

waii 11:56 24 Apr 2003

if anyone can help i would really appreciate it: i have windowx xp home edition(laptop),one day it was working fine the next it wouldnt boot up and its been like that since.
when i switch it on i get the following black screen sayin
windows did not start successfully , a recent hardware or software change might have caused this and so on and give sum options: safe mode, safe mode with command prompt and last known good configuration,
i choose last good configuration the windows xp logo comes up with the green bar at the botton (black background)it stays like that for a few seconds then it goes black n reboots itself again and i get the same screen with the same options as before,this time i choose safe mode i get this :
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS\System32\ntoskrnl.exe
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS\System32\hal.dll
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS\System32\kdcomulti(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS\System32\config.system
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS.siside.sys
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\atapi.sys

this list goes on and on then it quickly reboots itself AGAIN n same screen with the options comes up . it just keeps looping :[
i tried the recovery cd it boots off the cd then i get the 3 options install, repair, exit i choose R and same thing again, jus reboots itself. i try install same thing reboots itself :[ i really have no idea what could be wrong with it. another thing..sumtimes when i try the repair from the cd or even when ive restarted the computer i get the BSOD sayin driver_irql_not_less_or_equal. this blue screen comes up now and again when i restart my comp :[ im LOST!! help!!!

Big Elf 12:18 24 Apr 2003

It could be faulty RAM or a damaged pagefile see click here

It may be necessary for you to format the hard disk if it’s a damaged file but I don’t think the recovery disk gives you that option so it will be necessary to download the XP set-up floppy disks from click here

Run set-up from the floppies and you should then be able to get to the format command.

I’ve not done this myself so would suggest searching the forum for ‘format’ AND ‘recovery’ and read through the various threads on the subject before going through the drastic step of formatting.

The links above came from posts by GANDALF <|:-)> and AndySD.

Big Elf 12:21 24 Apr 2003

P.S. A further thought. It may not be necessary to format as I think the XP set-up does perform a disk check when it runs and this may fix the problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017