BSOD XP Prof.

Mick54 20:34 12 Jan 2008

My son in laws PC is stuck in a boot up cycle. It is an AMD Semperon running at 2.0 GHtz. Using windows XP Professional. I managed to interupt the cycle and it stopped on a BSOD with error codes 0x0000007B, (0xF7C46528), 0x0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000. It could be incorrect drivers but it was working up to 11th Jan.Incorrect ARC path, or failed boot device. The system was built by a friend of mine who rebuilds pc's. I understand that there can be a problem when you use the HDD from one system and put it into another. This is the second time it has happened and the last time my friend said it was a virus and charged my son in law for a re-install. Is it in fact a doggy HDD? Thanx for your help. Can it be fixed without doing a re-install. I do not have the know how to do one. Ta Mick

recap 20:40 12 Jan 2008

It may well be incorrect drivers Mick54 click here for further information from MS

silverous 21:36 12 Jan 2008

Sounds like it could be related to the disk controller drivers:

click here

Can you get your friend to take a look as I don't think it will be trivial to sort.

Mick54 20:10 13 Jan 2008

Took pc back to person who built it. He said all the bios settings were altered, probably caused by a virus. He used a boot up disc and si soft sandra to find and fix problems. Thanx for your help, most appreciated. Mick.

woodchip 20:15 13 Jan 2008

Try starting PC and hold the Shift key down till it as fully loaded. If it does it's a Driver

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?