BSOD Stop 0x0000003b

Flimsii 18:45 06 Oct 2009

i have had a problematic computer since arrival it had various driver related issues such as freezing and BSOD i sent it for repairs,it came back still faulty I then formated and reinstalled it, after about a week though i had been getting BSOD on login (were before it was random) with the above title error code.safe mode worked fine then i used "use last known good configuration" and now my computer appears to be fine.i have spent very little time with it and was just curious have i actually fixed it? (i find it unlikely but still) i intend to get it sent away within the next two days and was wondering if it was an underlying issue(faulty hardware).

MAT ALAN 19:06 06 Oct 2009

the suggestion is the error message is memory related.
click here

the prog in the link may reveal more...

woodchip 19:16 06 Oct 2009

I was just about to say a Memory Problem. If you have more than one stick of memory try with one at a time

MAT ALAN 19:43 06 Oct 2009

Depending on how old your computer is, by changing or swapping out any hardware may invalidate your warranty agreement...

Flimsii 21:16 06 Oct 2009

ill use the memtest then btw my comps about 2 months so registry probs are unlikely and also the company says so long as the damage isnt caused by me switching hardware it wont invalidate my warranty but tbh im not very comfortable pokin around my pc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des L├ęgendes en ligne ?