BSOD Problem, stop error message 0x24

S&B 10:46 05 Jul 2007

Hi can someone please help me Im stumped with this one.

Turned on my pc the other night and when it tried to load XP it couldnt and went to a BSOD with a stop error message of 0x00000024.... It was telling me to run chkdsk /F but how can I when windows does not load?

This indicates a problem the NTFS.sys. I rebooted the pc with the xp recovery disc and the machine just freezes and does nothign when you try to run the repair console or format and reload. I even downloaded a set of start up disks from Microsoft and the same thing happens. When it boots it goes to the screen giving you the option to boot in safe mode etc,, trying these options I get the same BSOD message.

Anyone any ideas on what I can do next?

Thanks!

birdface 10:49 05 Jul 2007

Googled.Hope you can find something on here.click here

S&B 10:27 06 Jul 2007

Thanks for the reply Buteman.

Last night I managed to boot from a Windows 98 disk, at the command prompt I could change to 'A' drive or to my CD drives (D,E) but not to my hard drive (C). I then plugged the hard drive into another machine as a slave drive, changing the jumper setting on the hard drive. The machine did not find it was plugged in. Presume this means the drive is dead? Is there any more tests I can do to confirm this?

Thanks.

emperor ming 10:48 06 Jul 2007

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?