BSOD post 0x124 - 0x101. Unable to run prime95.

shua 23:11 31 Mar 2017

**click here Everything I'm currently using. I've had everything for over 5 years, the GPU is 2nd hand from a friend added within the past year.

I play Overwatch, all low 1920x1080 50% render quality with a frame cap of 150. H1Z1, all low 1600x900, frame cap of 100 dota2, all low 1920x1080, frame cap of 90 LoL, all low, 1920x1080, frame cap of 144

I will occasionally BSOD with a stop 0x124, I would say it happens every 3 or so days. Most often I will BSOD on h1z1. I would BSOD on every game every 3-4 hours until I lowered the frame cap from 144, other than Overwatch where I just reduced render quality to 50%. I play on all low graphic settings for all games because its what I prefer for "competitive advantage".

My PC is able to put out stable FPS around 150+ on all titles at the lowest graphic settings, other than maybe h1z1 in a high populated city. However, it seems to randomly BSOD if I uncap the fps on any game, rather than keep me at whatever fps is can handle.

Correct me if I'm wrong but my logic is that I should be able to uncap my FPS and play on whatever fps my PC could produce aslong as the temps stay reasonable without BSOD. However, thats not the case. Thats why i've had to lower the fps on every game, strangely having a cap of 150 on OW rarely BSOD maybe once a week

My cpu temps in game peaks at 60c but stay around 55, my GPU stays around 70c.

Every BSOD would be stop 0x124 until yesterday when I was playing dota 2 on a singleplay custom map with a stream open on my 2nd monitor, that produced a BSOD of stop 0x101 A clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor within the allocated time interval.

When running a prime95 blend test my PC instantly BSODs about 5s into the test with a 0x124.

I don't know what else to add so if theres any advice I'll be around to further update, thanks for any help you can provide.

shua 23:13 31 Mar 2017

[click here Everything I'm currently using. I've had everything for over 5 years, the GPU is 2nd hand from a friend added within the past year.

I play Overwatch, all low 1920x1080 50% render quality with a frame cap of 150. H1Z1, all low 1600x900, frame cap of 100 dota2, all low 1920x1080, frame cap of 90 LoL, all low, 1920x1080, frame cap of 144

I will occasionally BSOD with a stop 0x124, I would say it happens every 3 or so days. Most often I will BSOD on h1z1. I would BSOD on every game every 3-4 hours until I lowered the frame cap from 144, other than Overwatch where I just reduced render quality to 50%. I play on all low graphic settings for all games because its what I prefer for "competitive advantage".

My PC is able to put out stable FPS around 150+ on all titles at the lowest graphic settings, other than maybe h1z1 in a high populated city. However, it seems to randomly BSOD if I uncap the fps on any game, rather than keep me at whatever fps is can handle.

Correct me if I'm wrong but my logic is that I should be able to uncap my FPS and play on whatever fps my PC could produce aslong as the temps stay reasonable without BSOD. However, thats not the case. Thats why i've had to lower the fps on every game, strangely having a cap of 150 on OW rarely BSOD maybe once a week

My cpu temps in game peaks at 60c but stay around 55, my GPU stays around 70c.

Every BSOD would be stop 0x124 until yesterday when I was playing dota 2 on a singleplay custom map with a stream open on my 2nd monitor, that produced a BSOD of stop 0x101 A clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor within the allocated time interval.

When running a prime95 blend test my PC instantly BSODs about 5s into the test with a 0x124.

I don't know what else to add so if theres any advice I'll be around to further update, thanks for any help you can provide.

rdave13 02:07 01 Apr 2017

Sounds like the CPU or motherboard is failing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iPhone X review

How to find a font: Discover the name of a typeface with these apps

The best iPhone for 2017

Les meilleurs logiciels de montage vidéo gratuits (en 2017)