BSOD, Odd Msgs, Evesham don't answer, I'm FED UP!

AngeTheHippy 17:03 16 Nov 2007

Hi Chaps,
A couple of times yesterday and at least 15 times today, even in safe mode, PC gives me BSOD - not the same message each time though. I installled CCleaner this am to try and help but it's got worse. I'm pretty sure it has a Trojan - DELF.CPX. I'm fed up. Evesham don't work on Saturdays now, I think I'll have to re install XP but need to know which order I reload all the stuff - the disks that came with the PC. OR am i being dramatic? HOW can I stop this bally BSOD? Another msg: PFN_LIST_CORRUPTED (in upper case too) Anyone no the answers? WHY does this always happen on a Friday??

AngeTheHippy
xx

Technotiger 17:15 16 Nov 2007

Hi, not having the best of luck are you. Have you run all your anti-everything programs, if not you should do so now. After running all your anti-spyware/anti-virus and everything else you have, if the problem is not cured you will I think, need to do a Hijack this log as per the Tutorial in this link ...

click here

Pamy 17:24 16 Nov 2007

you could try a RESTORE to an earlier date.

If that does not work you could try a repair from XP disk

AngeTheHippy 17:27 16 Nov 2007

the bally PC doesn't stay on long enough when doing any anti-anythings!! AVG almost finished once, and detected a virus in s/w I installed MONTHS ago but haven't used, yet the virus hasn't been detected before today and AVG is well up to date!! Strange.

I'm very tempted to just do a fresh install of XP - but needed Eveshams advice on which order to re load all the disks. They of course, are closed now - I use a cordles phone and you won't believe, the battery run down just waiting ALL DAY for them to answer!!

xx

AngeTheHippy 17:28 16 Nov 2007

the BSOD has got a LOT worse from this morning. That didn't work.

Ange

Technotiger 17:38 16 Nov 2007

Bit drastic, but under the circumstances it does not look as if you have much choice - contact Evesham and do a full re-install.

I have never had any dealing with anything Evesham - can you explain what discs you have and perhaps how they are marked, maybe we can help you?

AngeTheHippy 17:45 16 Nov 2007

I really am TRYING to contact Evesham. They just do-not-answer! I in desparation called the switchboard and some little girl said how sorry she was they are very busy. Didn't make me feel any better I can tell you..

There's the XP support disk,
Radion Display driver
'Drivers & Utilities'
Audigy (soound card) disk,
and other drivers disks

a

xx

Probabilitydrive 17:50 16 Nov 2007

AngeTheHippy, I also have an XP-pro machine from evesham, on which I re-installed Windows twice.

Evesham ships their systems with a recovery disc which you should have. Approx. a year ago they equipped their machines also with a hidden partition called 'PC Angel' which showed up during boot up. If I doesn't on yours, than you need to think on a clean re-install (with a re-formatting of the Hard disc)

The order I was advised by eveham was:
Windows installation
motherboard drivers (from your mobo CD)
Graphic card drivers
Sound card drivers

the rest (XP-updates, security suite...etc...)

The thing which puzzles me a bit is, that you did a (successful) system restore and still get the BSOD... There might be a hardware related issue involved, my guess.

But a clean re-install is the first port of call. Here are detailed instruction on how...
click here
click here

Probabilitydrive 17:54 16 Nov 2007

edit: my first link should be click here
shich takes you to instruction of XP-Home edition.

AngeTheHippy 17:59 16 Nov 2007

thanks. This PC is about 5 yrs old now, I've formatted the HDD about 4 times before this. It's XP home. I honestly don't want to do it again! I've managed (in safe mode) to download via this laptop, put on a USB stick and install on the PC HijackThis.

xx

AngeTheHippy 18:00 16 Nov 2007

as u suggested, it's rather long though! Should I post it here d'ya think??

Ange
xx

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?