BSOD! NEED HELP PLEASE

bry.bell 03:56 05 Jan 2006

My computer has been showing the "blue screen of death", it will quit windows and then it will say:

A problem has been detected and windows has shut down to
prevent damage to your computer.

BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error
screen, restart your computer. If this appears again:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is
properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask
your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows
updates you need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly
installed hardware of software. Disable BIOS memory
options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use
safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your
computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options,
then select Safe Mode.

Technical Information:

*****STOP: 0x000000FE(0x000000FE).....

The screen has come up multiple times. I have installed my new ipods drivers, so i am not sure if this is the problem or not. Then sometimes the computer will just shutdown for no reason. Any help with this would be much appreciated. Thanks.

AndySD 04:01 05 Jan 2006

Has this only been happening since installing the ipod?

Are you using Windows XP

Can you get into Windows at all? or does it BSOD as soon as Windows Starts?

bry.bell 04:17 05 Jan 2006

yes, it never happened before the ipod. yes, windows xp, service pack 2. i can get into windows. it runs for limited periods of time. or untill i plug in my ipod (i think) thanks

AndySD 05:13 05 Jan 2006

If you havent added any new programs since the ipod try downloading the latest software fron the apple wed site click here then go Start then All Programs then Accessories then System Tools and choose system Restore, choose a date just before you installed the ipod software. Try using the pc for a while to see if the problem reoccures, if it doesnt try installing the software you downloaded earlier to connect your ipod. If the BSOB reoccures post back.

bry.bell 06:13 05 Jan 2006

thank you, but i have the newest apple software installed already, its a 5G by the way, and also, everything was working fine even after i got my ipod, for about a week, then it started happening, but it is my newest installed hardware through the USB. thanks again for helping.

AndySD 06:16 05 Jan 2006

Ok

Can you give us the rest of the Stop message please.

bry.bell 06:29 05 Jan 2006

>Stop: 0x000000 FE 00000004, 0x867f4690, 0x00000000

rdave13 11:03 05 Jan 2006

Had exact BSOD message a week after installing a new grphics card. Checked the card was seated properly,rebooted and now ok.Must have been a poor connection.

Totally-braindead 11:29 05 Jan 2006

Only suggestions I can come up with are, uninstall the iPod software and run without it, see if that stops it. If not try reinstalling your motherboard USB drivers in case they are corrupted. I have seen this bugcode thing before but it was a long time ago and I can't remember what it was or how I got rid of it.

Totally-braindead 11:34 05 Jan 2006

Found this if its any help click here the problem this guy appears to have had was power. Also have a look here click here

bry.bell 01:42 06 Jan 2006

I STILL NEED HELP!!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?