BSOD!!!

gazza447 16:21 05 Nov 2006

i solved my recent problem of SMBIOS in the device manager by reinstalling xp sp2 and my boot times etc have all improved and in that respect my pc is fine but am now still having issues with the bsod.

my pc runs fine while browsing the internet or on low demanding programs but when i start a game or run software such as adaware, it starts fine and will scan half my pc or i will be able to play the game for 5 minutes b4 my pc crashes to the bsod. i would tell you what was on that screen but it is not on long enough to be able to write any of it down.

does anyone have suggestions to what it may be?
if you did not read my previous topic you should note that i have just installed a new motherboard, cpu, graphics card and ram.

thanks

VoG II 16:23 05 Nov 2006

Right-click on My Computer, click Properties, click the Advanced tab. Under Startup & Recovery click Settings. Under System Failure untick the box in front of Automatically restart. You should now get time to read the error message.

Fingees 16:26 05 Nov 2006

There is a way of stopping your computer from shutting down. thereby enabling you to read what is written.

Unfortunately I have forgotten how to do it, but have it on mine.

perhaps someone can enlighten you.

all the best.

gazza447 22:42 05 Nov 2006

thanks for the advice. i tried that but still not enough time. i think my pc maybe cutting out rather than shutting down but im unsure. ill keep you posted next time it happens and see what i can tell you.

woodchip 22:46 05 Nov 2006

Check the CPU Fan is doing what it's supposed to, Cool the CPU

gazza447 22:53 05 Nov 2006

two things then. woodchip, how do i check my cpu fan is functioning. is it literally look at the cpu fan? and despite the fact that i cannot see the bsod details properly, what could cause it to happen when my pc is under stress. in a windows error report i did find this but unsure if it will help.

BCCode : 1000008e BCP1 : C0000005 BCP2 : 11D12166 BCP3 : F3AC0AAC
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

thanks everyone

gazza447 22:55 05 Nov 2006

and also

Cause : Unknown device driver

unsure which one it would be

woodchip 22:57 05 Nov 2006

Yes take the side off the comp and check the CPU fan is Clear and not stop starting or running sluggish

skidzy 23:27 05 Nov 2006

Also monitoring the temperture may be a good idea click here

Totally-braindead 00:53 06 Nov 2006

Because it happens when playing games and doesn't happen when using undemanding software I would suggest there is a cooling problem and its overheating, hence woodchips advice to check the fans are ok, or its the graphics card, check its fan as well.

gazza447 09:21 06 Nov 2006

i am currently at college and cannot check it right now but i have taken my pc to a local repair shop to see what they can find but if they dont find much i will ask on here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?