Browsers IE11 and Firefox won't launch, Windows 7

douge70 00:43 19 May 2017

Hello My PC is home built with Windows 7 Home Premium (x64).All updates installed. For about a week now !E!! and Firefox won't launch. I have done system restore ; sfc /scannow ,but no success. I have also turned off antivirus and firewall and still no luck. I tried everything i can think of but unsuccessful. Any assistance in helping me solve this problem would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Kindest regards, Karl

Archonar 08:38 19 May 2017

Do you get any error messages or does nothing happen at all? Have you tried reinstalling? Maybe also try running it direct from the source file, you are looking for iexplore.exe somewhere in your program files.

Govan1x 11:17 19 May 2017

If using windows Firewall maybe try resetting it to default and see if that helps.

I always get problems with I/E but seldom use it so it does not bother me that much. So far not had any problems with Firefox. Are you using the updated version of 53.0.2

neha063kaur 12:24 19 May 2017

USE UPDATE BROWSER OF FIREFOX AND IE

douge70 01:23 20 May 2017

Thanks all for your speedy replies. I will try them and report back. Kindest regards, Karl

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone