browser shuts down when going to some sites

orpingtonman 18:15 21 Jan 2007

The problem is when going to certain sites, my browser just shuts down.....for example: eBay, where the auction has ended, THIS site when I use the search box! For example, when I tried to search this site, the results page started to load (maybe half the page) then bosh...the browser (ie7 / was same on ie6) just closes and I'm left with the desktop, just as if I'd clicked the 'X' button. I've a feeling this may have started when I changed from Tiscali to Bulldog (could this be related?). About 15% of the links I click on from Google do this. Most odd, I'd really like to fix this, as its driving me mad...thanks.

VoG II 18:20 21 Jan 2007

Does Firefox click here do the same?

orpingtonman 18:36 21 Jan 2007

Thanks VoG. I've just downloaded Firefox and it doesn't do it anymore!! What is it? Some kind of problem IE-v-Bulldog? Although its fixed, I'm still curious as to what was happening.

VoG II 18:45 21 Jan 2007

Are you saying that IE doesn't do it anymore? Or that Firefox doesn't crash but IE does?

octal 18:52 21 Jan 2007

I get exactly the same on IE6 at work on this site, I just don't bother looking at this site anymore during lunch time, I've never found out what it is.

orpingtonman 20:17 21 Jan 2007

I'm saying that Firefox doesn't crash but IE still does...so I think I will now use Firefox. Thank you very much for the suggestion about Firefox, it seems really good.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?