Browser Question

Fateful Shadow 14:11 09 May 2007

Hey all =]

I hope you can understand what I'm about to write... could get a bit complex and end up reading like rubbish!

When I access one of our NAS servers from Windows Explorer, the files appear in the window just like any other explorer window (like in My Docs or My Computer, etc)

When I access this from Internet Explorer, the files appear in a list with hyperlinks (like in FTP) rather than that in a Windows Explorer window.

Is there any way in which I can get the files to display like they do in Windows Explorer, in Internet Explorer (like the icons)?

Hope that makes sense =/

Thanks =]

Technotiger 14:17 09 May 2007

Hi, not sure if this is what you want but, in IE Tools>Internet Options>Advanced put a tick in 'Enable folder view for FTP sites'.

Technotiger 14:18 09 May 2007

or Untick that box!

Fateful Shadow 14:25 09 May 2007

Thanks, but it has no effect...

I'm not sure if it is relevent or not, but I will put it anyway!

When accessing the server through IE, we use http://(server name) to access the web interface. Then we can click on a username to access the files, but this is where it appears in the FTP format (just a list with blue hyperlinks) instead of the prefered Icons and more-Windows-Explorer-like view.

Thanks again =]

Fateful Shadow 08:58 11 May 2007

*bumps hopefully* =P

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?