Browser problem

andyloran 00:42 06 Jul 2005

Iam running XP PRO with SP2. I am with AOL on ADSL. When I connect to AOL my Welcome page shows Action Cancelled, etc. I can rx emails but if I try to surf I get the same page. This also happens on Media Player if I try to go to help or any other connection with it. I can use Mozilla fine and am on that now. If I go back to a previous setting with Windows it works fine but other things do not. Any help?

octal 10:27 06 Jul 2005

It sounds like something is blocking IE from accessing the Interent, because Media Player uses IE to access it.

Try disabling your firewall temporarily; if you can gain access then it’s a setting in the firewall.

CurlyWhirly 11:22 06 Jul 2005

Have you tried AOL computer check-up?

andyloran 02:04 07 Jul 2005

Have tried the Firewall, and can use IE by actually clicking on it seperately. It just seems really wierd. I have also reinstalled AOL. I have also been on to AOL and the things they told me to do don't work. Help and then autofix., didn't work.

bruno 08:04 07 Jul 2005

My mate had a similar problem with AOL and XP Home SP2.He could not get the sites you mention plus windows update and other MS related sites.He had not made any changes to settings or anything.He took advice from microsoft,AOL, this forum and a couple of other forums,all to no avail.We finished up having to do a clean instal.This cured it.I reckon AOL made some changes to settings which could not be corrected with system restore or anything else.

andyloran 00:10 10 Jul 2005

What do you mean by a 'Clean Install@/ If I just put the xp disc in again and reinstall, will that be ok?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone