Browser not connecting

Lazzara 11:43 16 Nov 2006

Recently when i have gone on the internet I am able to connect but i cannot open any browsers. (IE or Firefox) i just get the 'page cannot be found' screen. I am however able to browse the web through AOL's browser which opens up automatically when you sign in. I run windows ME and have a read what i think may be a couple of reasons for this, the problem has occured ever since i tried to install a wireless network adapter. I have uninstalled this as i no longer need it which appeared to solve the problem but it is still not giving me access. Everything in device manager appears to be working correctly. Cany anyone help?

Gongoozler 12:30 16 Nov 2006

Presumably the 'page cannot be found' screen opens from within IE or Firefox, so I suspect that it's the homepage that cannot be found.
In IE have a look at Tools - Internet Options - General, and check that the homepage is correct. Also check under File that "Work Offline" isn't ticked and Tools - Internet Options - Connections has "Always dial my default connection" selected.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone