Browser Hijacked

golfpro 13:04 04 May 2004

I think my browser has been hijacked or there was an attempt, I ran my Ad-aware about an hour ago and there was a poss. hijack attempt name "HKEY_Current_User" which I deleted then went to start up my internet browser (internet explorer) and the start page had been changed to MSN's home page (I use a blank page) anybody els had this recently and what can I do now or is it OK.

Taff36 13:18 04 May 2004

Do you run spybot search & destroy as well? If so you have probably set spybot to protect your home page from a hijack. Adaware detects this fact and you have probably quarantined the protection as it were. IE then defaults to MSN.

Am I close anyone?

expertec 13:25 04 May 2004

If you're worried you might have been hijacked go to click here , register and go to the "HijackThis and Spyware Removal Support" section, someone will be able to help you there

golfpro 13:33 04 May 2004

I don't have Spybot but do have Spywareblaster (for about three weeks now), but I have run Ad-aware quite a lot over the last few months and also three or four times since installing S/B and this is the first time this has happened. If it is something to do with S/B or Ad-aware, how do I rectify it??

golfpro 13:36 04 May 2004

I may say that at the moment I am back to my normal home page and everything seems Ok. Scary what!!

Taff36 14:06 04 May 2004

I think you`re OK for the moment. Unless it happens again I shouldn`t worry too much. Looks like Adaware caught something and got rid of it. If spywareblaster (Like spybot) has a facility to prevent your homepage from hijack it alters a setting such as you described. Adaware notices this and thinks it`s an attack so lists it as a vulnerability. Sounds like this isn`t quite the same though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?