Browser headache

jimmer409® 10:24 20 Oct 2006

running xpsp2, ie6, home page my.yahoo.com, lately everytime i log on the page downlaod as normal except in the status it's forever trying to download picture click here, i've tried restore and all sorts, any ideas please. p.s. some of my page links don't work until i hit stop to stop the ico download

jimmer409® 12:12 20 Oct 2006

seems to have something to do with d.yimg?? possible rss/xml icon?

anskyber 12:43 20 Oct 2006

It looks to me as if you have a news feed set up through the Yahoo system. It will be worth looking in your Yahoo settings to see if you have authorised it somewhere. I do not use Yahoo but others who do might point you in the right direction. The download could therefore take some time.

Info on newsfeeds. click here

anskyber 12:45 20 Oct 2006

Looking at the my.yahoo homepage there are checkboxes at the top for various feeds. Try unchecking all of them and see what happens.

jimmer409® 13:38 20 Oct 2006

thanks so far anskyber, please supply direct link to that page, thanks

anskyber 13:42 20 Oct 2006

This is a screenshot of the "my yahoo" page and you will se the boxes across the top to equest services. click here

anskyber 13:45 20 Oct 2006

This is the my yahoo page which allows Rss feeds and I supect these are what you need to stop. as i said I do not use Yahoo so it will take someone who is familiar with it to point you in the right direction if you do not find it yourself.
click here

jimmer409® 05:26 21 Oct 2006

thanks once again, this problem mysterously went away, now think it may have been a temp problem with yahoo server.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?