Browser Bubbles

zigzagtoes 10:07 02 Feb 2007

How the hell can you turn off them annoying 'advertisement' bubbles?

If I forget to move the mouse pointer away from the browser window, I get an annoying bubble appearing showing a small advert, I know its only a small annoyance, but being able to switch it off be great.

rawprawn 10:37 02 Feb 2007

If you are referring to this site, you can't. It's the small price you pay for an excellent free help forum.

Totally-braindead 12:18 02 Feb 2007

Agree with rawprawn, annoying though it is the site is free and costs money to run and they have to get it somewhere.
Only other option would be to charge a subscription and a lot of people wouldn't like that so you'll have to put up with it.

surfmonkey #:@}© 12:26 02 Feb 2007

what bubbles? where? how?
never got any pop up ads or bubbles of this site

[email protected] 12:30 02 Feb 2007

i dont get any either, just the one under pca banner and one on the right hand side, never any pop ups or bubbles

trisha01 12:47 02 Feb 2007

I don't get any pop ups on here either.

Have you got your pop up blocker turned on?

zigzagtoes 13:16 02 Feb 2007

yep, pop-up blocker is on. its only when the pointer hovers over certain words the balloon adverts show.

VoG II 13:30 02 Feb 2007
  cycoze 13:37 02 Feb 2007

Intellitext is advertising, it is not a popup.

Simplest solution is to disable javascript in your browser, you can also use a hosts file as per VoG, or you can accept the fact that it is revenue based advertising for the forum.

ACOLYTE 13:41 02 Feb 2007

The link VoG™ provides does stop them,its well worth having anyway it stops a lot of nasty stuff,you could just edit the host file yourself but the file from VoG™ link does it all for you.
But they dont do any harm and i rarly see them unless i click the green lettering.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?