Brother Printer dcp-115c

swanny2 16:06 25 Oct 2009

Hi
ive just been given this Brother printer,with the disc etc. when i insert disc for drivers it says Melpro Mac, now im on XP Home edition .and i cant get the drivers of the disc or the net.can any 1 help please. thanks. i wasa told this printer doesnt .show the Blue Ink when printing,even tho the ink is full .any help appreciated thanks

swanny2 16:30 25 Oct 2009

Ive managed too get the driver.but it still wont print the BLUE colour.even tho its full. weird. but everything else is ok.

swanny2 16:34 25 Oct 2009

ogh and although the drivers have installed ive no icon on desktop or in me Programmes too be able use the scanner etc,ive just tryed lifting the lid but no light on it. not sure if i need some other software too make it work. no idea sorry. :O)
Swanny

Pineman100 17:31 25 Oct 2009

The drivers can be found here:

click here

swanny2 19:27 25 Oct 2009

Thanks ive got them but it still wont print blue even tho new ink . cheers*-3

Pineman100 11:13 26 Oct 2009

Then I would try uninstalling and reinstalling the printer.

I'd also have a look at the connectors between the ink cartidge and its cradle - maybe one them is bent or broken.

oldbeefer2 13:04 26 Oct 2009

maybe the head is clogged if unused for a while. A deep clean may sort it, if not you may need to do something like click here (albeit for a slightly different printer)with the Cyan cartridge.

swanny2 16:53 26 Oct 2009

cheers no good tryed it . now b4 i log in the printer says no connection. and the blue still wont work. ty anyways all .

swanny2 18:04 26 Oct 2009

3.just noticed when its printing. i think as im not sure / you say the carriage! when it prints it makes a lot of noise going back and too.sorry for the Ignorance as ive no idea. (lol)
cheers :)

Pineman100 18:22 26 Oct 2009

I'm starting to suspect why the previous owner gave the printer away!

If you've tried everything that's been mentioned above, then the only other possible cause I can think of is the cable. Try a different cable, and if that doesn't work, then I think you may have to give up.

swanny2 21:01 26 Oct 2009

thanks but what difference does a cable do too make the blue ink work? theres only the mains lead what is new of his old printer and the usb cable from printert Pc.
thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?