Broken CD

User-9A919F67-6ADE-4BFB-8B35A0F56CB2F7D6 17:17 20 Jan 2004

My little 2.5 year old daughter has just managed to get hold of her older sisters Zoo Tycoon Marine Mania CD and snap it in half.

Do you think there is any chance that Microsoft will replace it if I send it to them?

The CD was original purchased from Amazon, but I can't really ask them for a new copy. I don't think they will accept a violent baby as a reason :)

I obviously understand that Microsoft probably have no obligation to swap the CD. I was just wondering if they have ever done the same for other.

If the answer is yes where whould I send the CD?

Thanks

Iain.

AndyJ 17:27 20 Jan 2004

Why don't you give Microsoft a ring and ask them?. Their Contact Centre number is 0870 60 10 100 (charged at National Rate)

Diemmess 17:31 20 Jan 2004

Times change I know and I hesitated to suggest the telephone, but I was given a replacement floppy set for Word v. 6 (that long ago) when a floppy in the series became defective. No fuss, in fact all they wanted then was a photcopy of the first disk.

Diemmess 17:35 20 Jan 2004

Obviously read photocopy! It was faxed to them because the Internet seemed for Nerds in those days, and I faxed a scanned picture of the disk.

Phoned Microsoft this morning on the number given above.

New CD being sent out in the post.

Cost £16, which evidently is what they now charge for all CD replacements. Didn't ask but have a nasty feeling that this may not include VAT, in which case it would have been cheaper to rebuy it from Amazon. Done now so no point in worrying about it.

Thanks again for all your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Microsoft Surface Studio – the artist's hands-on review

Original iPhone review

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?