Broderbund Print Shop De Lux

GBL 12:06 06 Oct 2008

Some years ago I used a program from Broderbund, Print Shop De Lux, this was compatible with earlier versions of Windows but not it appears with XP etc. Unfortunately I still have files made from the program which I cannot open with the newer version of Print Shop De Lux which works on XP.

Is there anyway to transfer them to the later version or are they lost forever. Not the end of the world but puzzling.

csqwared 18:00 06 Oct 2008

Can't positively answer your question but have you looked at the file extensions (the bit after the dot in the file name). If the old files have different extensions to the files created by the new programme try making a copy of one of the old files, change the file extension to match the new programme using the "Rename" function and tyry and open that. Failing that I think I'ld drop Broderbund an e-mail click here.

Got the address off the Broderbund "PrintMaster Platinum" I have here. The contact bit is at the bottom right hand side of the web page.

It does say on the software I have it is compatable with Win 98, 2000,Me or XP so I'm a little surprised your old files don't work.

Good Luck

GBL 19:43 06 Oct 2008

The files cannot be opened, it states that they are Print Shop Deluxe files, that is the problem, they were created in the old version. I too was surprised that they weren't converted into the newer version. I will write to Broderbund as you say and see what they say. Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

This is what design agencies will look like in 2032

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache