Broardband enquiry

Eveready Bunny 15:01 23 May 2003

I have a few questions here, firstly does anyone know who is the best provider of broardband, can you get routers that you can plug 5 pc's into, and I don't understand how you use the phone when the broardband is plugged into your pc. Just a few simple questions but any replies would help me in my choice.

Thanks Max

hugh-265156 15:09 23 May 2003

i use ntl and would recommend it especially if you already have their tv and phone service although you can still get the broadband service installed even if your not an existing customer.
(non teccie answer)you can use the phone along with broadband as the broadband signal is carried along the same fiber optic cable as the phone and tv service.

if you opt for say bt broadband or similar the connection uses the ordainary phone line but the data and voice signals are split using filters enabling both to be used together.

Sion 15:19 23 May 2003

I agree with Huggyg, i have found NTL to be pretty good provider, although they do have a 1GB a day limit on bandwith, and with 5 PC's hooked up to that, it won't take long for you too exceed that bandwidth figure.

And yes, you can get a router that connects all 5 PCs to the cable modem. However, that will cost a bit if you want to connect more than 4 PCs.

geeuk 15:21 23 May 2003

Hi

Try this click here

Has lots of info and analysis of best providers

graham√ 15:42 23 May 2003

Its proper name is Broadband, as in 'very wide band'.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?