broardband,

jon2 12:28 18 Apr 2010

I am wondering how bt, talktalk, and the like compare with ntl broardband these days and was wondering if its worth changeing

Never heard of NTL

jon2 12:47 18 Apr 2010

Virgin

birdface 14:02 18 Apr 2010

If you pay for 10mb that is what you get with NTL.
New customer you should get it cheaper just now.

User-312386 14:08 18 Apr 2010

I usedto be with Virgin(used to be blueyonder/ntl) and i must say they were the worst customer services. I have now changed to sky with my tv, broadband and phone, if i have a problem, i get through within 5 minutes and they resolve the problem very quickly!

birdface 14:17 18 Apr 2010

Looks like it is 2 months free just now.

click here

Very seldom have to contact them but I must admit there foreign call centers leave a lot to be desired.
The Uk call centers are no problem.
I have been with them for about 7 years and have had not had any real problems with them.
Saying that Maybe check out o2 they are supposed to be quite reasonable.

robin_x 16:29 18 Apr 2010

I had a look last year through comparison websites to get a general idea.

eg
click here

I ended up staying with AOL who I have been with for years. Dial-up then BB.
I only switched to BB when it dropped below £20pm.
Now on £9.99 and I am still quite happy. Service good for me.

Call centre tech support is 50/50. But most of the time I resolve any problems with Google/Forums. Or trial and error.

(8Mbps service. I get consistent 4mbps. Got a free wless/modem/router even though not new customer last year. Also unlimited but website says should be 10GB)

bremner 16:37 18 Apr 2010

It was only just over 3 years ago that NTL renamed itself to Virgin I am surprised you have not heard of them.

tdmoh 16:39 18 Apr 2010

ntl were rubbish but when they changed to virgin transformation ! i've had 3 reasons to call them and they were great even the indian helpline were helpful. i get a great deal broadband & phone & basic tv channels for £ 20 and I then add in a brilliant mobile phone rate £ 15 for 600 mins & unlimited virgin to virgin calls & texts. i've been with them since dial up was free ! years & years

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?