broardband,

jon2 12:28 18 Apr 2010

I am wondering how bt, talktalk, and the like compare with ntl broardband these days and was wondering if its worth changeing

Never heard of NTL

jon2 12:47 18 Apr 2010

Virgin

birdface 14:02 18 Apr 2010

If you pay for 10mb that is what you get with NTL.
New customer you should get it cheaper just now.

User-312386 14:08 18 Apr 2010

I usedto be with Virgin(used to be blueyonder/ntl) and i must say they were the worst customer services. I have now changed to sky with my tv, broadband and phone, if i have a problem, i get through within 5 minutes and they resolve the problem very quickly!

birdface 14:17 18 Apr 2010

Looks like it is 2 months free just now.

click here

Very seldom have to contact them but I must admit there foreign call centers leave a lot to be desired.
The Uk call centers are no problem.
I have been with them for about 7 years and have had not had any real problems with them.
Saying that Maybe check out o2 they are supposed to be quite reasonable.

robin_x 16:29 18 Apr 2010

I had a look last year through comparison websites to get a general idea.

eg
click here

I ended up staying with AOL who I have been with for years. Dial-up then BB.
I only switched to BB when it dropped below £20pm.
Now on £9.99 and I am still quite happy. Service good for me.

Call centre tech support is 50/50. But most of the time I resolve any problems with Google/Forums. Or trial and error.

(8Mbps service. I get consistent 4mbps. Got a free wless/modem/router even though not new customer last year. Also unlimited but website says should be 10GB)

bremner 16:37 18 Apr 2010

It was only just over 3 years ago that NTL renamed itself to Virgin I am surprised you have not heard of them.

tdmoh 16:39 18 Apr 2010

ntl were rubbish but when they changed to virgin transformation ! i've had 3 reasons to call them and they were great even the indian helpline were helpful. i get a great deal broadband & phone & basic tv channels for £ 20 and I then add in a brilliant mobile phone rate £ 15 for 600 mins & unlimited virgin to virgin calls & texts. i've been with them since dial up was free ! years & years

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

This is what design agencies will look like in 2032

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache