Broadcom BRCM1016 Wireless Network Drivers

ktheed1 16:55 15 May 2006

I have a Dell Inspiron 2200 Laptop and cant find the drivers anywhere as i had to reformat with XP Pro , id be gratefull if anybody new where i can get these, thank you

ade.h 19:47 15 May 2006

Have you checked the Dell support pages?

click here It seems to require some kind of product key, though, so I haven't got further than the page in my link.

ed-0 19:52 15 May 2006

These should be them click here#

ed-0 19:53 15 May 2006

i should have refreshed;-)

ktheed1 21:05 15 May 2006

i have looked at the dell page and when i click the symbol to drop down the list of drivers for network drivers there is loads apart from the ones i need in the list, unless they are called something else does anyone know which one it is

ade.h 21:33 15 May 2006

click here

click here

I think you need to double check the model number of that Broadcom chip, because it doesn't exist according to the above links.

ktheed1 21:54 15 May 2006

i know the model number is correct as it is on one of the labels on the underneath side of the laptop

ed-0 21:59 15 May 2006

I am the same as ade.h, but I can't find any reference to broadcom WiFi. :-(

I do have a broadcom WiFi chip in this laptop, but a different one, the broadcom BCM 4036.

Have you got the latest from PCA, the free version of driver genius professional. Write it to a disk and try it on the laptop.

Mr Mistoffelees 22:05 15 May 2006

Had the same problem as you with a Compaq laptop, so I know how it is to find these drivers, but after a bit of digging I think this is what you need click here This device is identified on another site as the Broadcom BCRM 1016.

ktheed1 22:53 15 May 2006

Mr Mistoffelees your a genius worked straight away thank you, it was getting to the point where i was going to giv up and use ethernet cable, thanks again to everyone else aswell . ..

dms05 07:24 16 May 2006

If you enable the Broadcom mini-pci WiFi and then do a Windows Update chosing Custom rather than Express you will be offered the driver you need through the XP Update procedure. Any generic mini-pci drivers will get you going, XP Update will find and install the exact driver for the specific card if the one you've installed isn't 100% correct.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017