broadband won't connect.

computerdiv 12:24 08 Nov 2005

i've just got broadband up and running. it works on my lap top but not on my pc.having the same trouble as i had with dial up. connection is just not setting up. will it still be the same problem.

Mr A! 12:37 08 Nov 2005

I had that problem to start off with and found out that I wasn't using an adsl filter!

computerdiv 13:05 08 Nov 2005

i'm using the same set up now on my laptop.no problem though.more help please.

computerdiv 10:09 09 Nov 2005

hi again.my broadband wont work. my settup seems the same on my laptop as it does on my pc. the laptop loads up straght away. totally miffed. can anyone come up with a solution.i can hear something inside the computer that sounds like my old modem dropping the line.should i bother removing my old dial modem.thanks for any advice.

ACOLYTE 10:17 09 Nov 2005

I would remove the modem from the pc anyway as its a potential security risk for dialers,you dont have to uninstall it just make sure its only connected if and when you need it,and make sure you know what number it is dialing when you do use it.It may be that it is dialing the wrong connection using the dial up modem instead of the BB modem,have you scan for dialers just to be sure you are clean.

961 10:20 09 Nov 2005

Go to network connections and see if the dial up modem is set as your default connection

computerdiv 10:46 09 Nov 2005

hi peeps. i've disabled the dial up modem. no change .still no connection.deffinately not ringing a phone number. 0 appears under phone number.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?