Broadband Wireless Connection Problem

blueranger 17:11 02 Nov 2006

Hi

I have a broadband account with wanadoo and they provided me originally with an inventel adaptor for the back of my pc as I have a wireless connection. I've had this over a year but it isnt working so I purchased a netgear adaptor. I followed the set up instructions but it is scanning but not connecting to my livebox although the signal is strong. I rang wanadoo and they said they cant advise me as the adaptor isnt an inventel one. I rang netgear and they told me to ring wanadoo. I imagine the problem is down to compatability, can anyone advise?

Cheers

FreeCell 17:17 02 Nov 2006

When you say scanning do you mean if you select "View available networks" it can't see your livebox? or can it see it but not connect?

If the latter then thoughts are could be a security setting. Have you set up both the same?

Have you tried resetting the router box to see if that helps get connection? (What make is the "livbox"?)

blueranger 17:28 02 Nov 2006

It can see the livebox because it shows that the signal is quite strong. But it doesnt connect.
I followed the set up wizard as recommended so dont really know what to do. I have got a feeling that it is probably a case of altering a setting somewhere but dont know what/where.

The livebox is inventel, the same as my adaptor.

Thanks

FreeCell 17:48 02 Nov 2006

What about security settings then? What was it set to on old set-up? Have you typed in new key correctly for the netgear?

Previous posts on this box have been resolved by that.click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone