Broadband Useage Meter

douglas1973 15:07 17 Mar 2008

My son is on BT Broadband and has been warned that he has exceeded his useage limit (I am not sure if he is on Option 1 or Option 2)and that if he exceeds his monthly limit again he will be charged. He asked me if I knew of any software that he could download that will show him how much he is using, how much of his limit he has left, etc. I used to use such software in the distant past but cannot recall what it was called. I have searched the internet for a suitable application but amazingly cannot find anything. Any suggestions?

brundle 15:10 17 Mar 2008

NEtMeter; click here
Tautology; click here

Stuartli 16:34 17 Mar 2008

I use Bandwidth Tautology, as mentioned by brundle - does exactly what it says on the tin...:-)

douglas1973 16:59 17 Mar 2008

Thanks brundle and Stuartli. I have recommended Tautology to my son because it seems to have what he is looking for whereas NetMeter appears to only show the usage as at the time of reading.

if he has a homehub, logging into click here hub-home will tell exactly how much has been uploaded and downloaded as well as everything else you will ever need to know. only works if using the home hub of course.

didnt mean to put a 'click here' this is the link, which only works for home hub users click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?