broadband usage tool please?

Damarc 09:56 22 Aug 2010

I've recently downgraded my Sky broadband as their usage tool indicated that I had never exceeded 2gb download since the usage tool was available. But guess what, the first month I downgraded, all of a sudden my usage seems to have gone up, still under 2gb but just about and I took special care not to go on BBC Iplayer or any videos that I had done in previous months. So I would like to check my real usage with a hopefully freebie tool. Which is the easiest? I don't need a continual monitor, just one that I can flick to to see how far I have got that month. You always come up tops for me and my queries so thanks in advance.

johndrew 10:00 22 Aug 2010

I use NetMeter (free) and find it easy to set for my needs and very reliable.

johndrew 10:02 22 Aug 2010

Make certain you tick 'Load on Windows startup' in 'Options' or you will need to start it manually each time.

jamesd1981 10:15 22 Aug 2010

a good one is networx although none of these are totally accurate just a rough estimate

compumac 10:28 22 Aug 2010

I have been using ThinkBroadbands TB meter which can advise as to individual PC's on your home network as well as the combined usage of your home network

robin_x 11:06 22 Aug 2010

I thought Sky was proper Unlimited.

But anyway Networx is a good util.

click here

Damarc 09:56 23 Aug 2010

Thank you for your responses. I've downloaded networx and am impressed. Sky does a freebie broadband up to 2gb download per month, that's what I've moved to.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone