Broadband- Tiscali or Plus.net

alboy 19:55 05 Mar 2006

Any suggestions as to best broadband supplier, am currently on dial up with Tiscali. Friend recommends Plus.net but they seem to have cancellation fees if I left them in the first 5 years, this seems excessive.

ed-0 20:00 05 Mar 2006

I have been with tiscali broadband for quite awhile. My daughter recently upgraded from dial-up to broadband. I had no hesitation in recommending a tiscali package.

Stuartli 20:10 05 Mar 2006

On the other hand you might not if you knew of many Tiscali subscribers' experiences...:-)

alboy

I don't understand your point about alleged Plus-net canellation fees if you leave it in the first five years.

Its Terms and Conditions clearly state:

"4.5 You select the type of Service and duration of the Agreement during the completion of the Customer Order."

alB 20:14 05 Mar 2006

I'm the opposite to ed-0, since Tiscali performed their service enhancements some months ago I find that broadband speed is up and down like a yo-yo, when it's fast it's good but when it's slow, boy it's slow...alB

ed-0 20:31 05 Mar 2006

I do watch the tiscali forums and have seen you there quite often Stuartli.;-) and do agree that they are disgruntled users.

So far, touch wood, it has been fine for me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?