BROADBAND WITH TISCALI

craigy1 14:11 22 Mar 2004

My mate bought the tiscali broadband ADSL package, but could not get it connected.

I spoke to tiscali who said that the phone line was ok, but when we did tried to access the net, it always said it could not connect or when it did, it disconnected after a few mins.

Does ADSL split your phone line in 2?
And do you need a perfect line to use ADSL? ie no noise etc on it.?

Sometimes it would even say that there as no dial tone. I tried to connect with and without the phone but to no avail.

Has anyone else had this problem with tiscali.? Also their engineers on the phone seem to read instructions off either a pc or from a book made for them.

GANDALF <|:-)> 14:27 22 Mar 2004

The modem MUST be connected directly to the USB card in the computer and not to an extension especially an unpowered one. BB does split the line so that you can use the phone at the same time. The modem must be connected to a hardwired phone socket and not to an extension. Failing the above, delete the BB software and re-install. You must only connect the modem when you are advised to by the software wizard and ccarefully check the email settings and the password.

G

Aspman 14:38 22 Mar 2004

Do you have microfilters on all of the phone extensions where a device (any including a phone) is connected? I failed to put a microfilter on my phone extension and the connection was hanging up with that.

Aspman 14:38 22 Mar 2004

Do you have microfilters on all of the phone extensions where a device (any including a phone) is connected. I failed to put a microfilter on my phone extension and the connection was hanging up with that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Interview: Camille Walala on her giant 3D installation inspired by childhood funfair visits

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Où regarder le British Open 2017 ?