broadband and telephone problem! please help me!

aksuzbero 14:03 10 Jan 2009

please help me.
i have an 8MBPS o2 broadband service.
I recently got back from holiday and when i turned on my router i got internet on my wireless laptop.
however this connection always cut off every 5 minutes or so, going back and trying to get a dsl connction and eventually finding an internet connection. Please help me rectify this problem to get a condsistent brodband connection. (it was fine before i went). Also my telephone line is really fuzzy i can hardly hear on it. I have micro filters plugged in every socket and have checked and they are not faulty. could there be a link between these two problems? please help me.
when i open the 02 admin router page when the connection is down, is displays this message:

Your DSL connection is down. Verify that your O2 wireless box II is correctly connected to your phone line. If the problem persists, check your documentation.
your DSL line is not synchronized. Check if your phone line is correctly connected to your O2 wireless box II.

DieSse 14:07 10 Jan 2009

"Also my telephone line is really fuzzy i can hardly hear on it. I have micro filters plugged in every socket and have checked and they are not faulty. could there be a link between these two problems?"

There's very probably a link between the two problems.

Unplug ALL telephone equipment (including routewr, Sky box, etc, etc, and just use a single telephone, one plug at a time, to see if you can isolate the noiseiness/fuzziness.

If you can't, I suggest you call BT and tell them.

The Kestrel 15:55 10 Jan 2009

It sounds like a fault on the 'phone line into your home. You can telephone BT who will carry out a telephony check on the line. This will show up any problems with the line into your home. If this is OK then it is either a fault between the telephone master box and your 'phone/PC. If you are having problems with both the 'phone & your internet connection, it is unlikely to be an ISP fault.

provider 2 16:08 10 Jan 2009

BT line check: click here

The Kestrel 17:26 10 Jan 2009

provider 2, only problem with that link is that you have to carry out the check from a different phone line. The line being checked has to be totally unused whilst the check is carried out - no phone, internet etc. on at the time of the check. If you ring BT however they check your line while you wait.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone