Broadband speed tests!

Flak999 00:28 15 Feb 2007

Has anyone else noticed a discrepancy in the results from these tests?

I have used the tests located at click here and click here and click here

The last two sites give consistent results which confirm each others findings, however adslguides results are wildly different, giving hugely different results each time the test is run!

Why should this be? Can I assume that adslguides results are erroneous or are none of these speed testers accurate?

My speeds are 6735 down 384 up this result is consistent on two sites but varies greatly on adslguide.

Migwell 00:46 15 Feb 2007

Adsl guides are the best guide and are based on what is happening in real time. From minute to minute, there can be changes in contention retes etc. so differing speed will show up from one time to another. Also to take in consideration is the distance you are from the exchange, which can also cause differing speeds again from minute to minute. Keep using ADSL Guides I do and feel happier that way. Also comparing one speed table with another is no guide as they all measure in differing ways and are not all like for like.

Would you compare a Mini with a Jaguar this time and a Ford Cortina another, to get the best result you should compare yours with the same, each and every time

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017