Broadband Provider

Red Knight 16:59 28 Jan 2006

Hi there! I'm trying to decide on a broadband package but don't really know which one to go for. I'm not looking for anything too expensive (£18 per month or so), maybe 2mb. I'm mainly going to be using it for online gaming, the occasional music/video download (1 or 2 a month) and the frequent patch/upgrade. Any ideas? I've already had Wanadoo try to screw me over so no suggestions for them please! :)
Ta

PS sorry if this has been asked to death. I did check but felt my request was more specific.

stylehurst 17:02 28 Jan 2006

Can you get cable, NTL or Telewest.
Have had the latter for over 2 years now, slightly outside your price range at £25 for 4Mb service, but very good & reliable, only a couple of unforeseen problems in that time period; planned outages notified well in advance & always cleared in specified time period.

chub_tor 17:26 28 Jan 2006

As ever I highly recommend Freedom2Surf click here Have been with them nearly 2 years. Excellent service, wide range of packages. Also Check comparisons click here

bluto1 19:08 28 Jan 2006

Red Knight,
Try a look at click here if cost is the main concern. I`ve 24/7 BB up to 2 Mb no limits and 24/7 phonecalls free(not to 0870 or 0845 Nos) for the princely sum of £19.99.

malgall 19:38 28 Jan 2006

try this site adslguide they have all the
isp listed and they test you speed
i use pipex who are good but two others
are zen internet and freedom2surf get good scores
if you compare to tiscali you will see the differance

pcpro mag also score zen and freedom highly

J B 20:00 28 Jan 2006

Try click here I have had it for about a year now and it is good. The limit is 5gb a month for 2 mb service for £18.99 a month with free tech service 24/7 365 days a year. I know it is a small ISP, however, you don't have to be big to be good. J.B.

Red Knight 13:26 29 Jan 2006

Cheers all, will try those suggestions out now, anymoer help much appreciated! Does it matter if I get an uncapped download service for playing online games or not?

aound 2mb, adsl, free calls not important, around £20 per month, uncapped download ok, unlimited time online.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone