Broadband problem

christmascracker 15:07 25 Sep 2003

Hi
This problem has only just started happening over the past couple of days.

I can connect to the net on bt broadband ok most of the time but on the odd occasion -once yesterday and once today- I can connect ok but I cant view any pages.

All I get is "this page cannot be displayed". Although my modem tells me that I am connected. I just cant connect to any site at all.

I havn't changed any settings or installed anything new.

I'm only writing this as I did a restore back to this morning but I havn't made any changed since this morning.

At the bottom of the page -when it's trying to load- there is a message but as it's so fast I can only make out Windows/system32 and maybe winsock but dont quote me on that.

Hope someone can help as this is getting to be a pain

Sheila

christmascracker 15:08 25 Sep 2003

forgot to mention that although I cant view any pages on broadband on my dial up modem there isn't any problem at all

Chegs ® 15:54 25 Sep 2003

Ask your ISP as it sounds like they might be having a few small probs.I used to have a adsl connection tester,that allowed me to connect to BT but not view any websites.(even though I was using Pipex for my ISP then)

christmascracker 15:59 25 Sep 2003

Thanks Chegs ® I'll give them a ring.

I did download 4 windows updates yesterday do you think that would have anything to do with it?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?