BROADBAND PLUS DIALUP

pegangray 17:36 03 Jan 2007

Due to my being on the edge of the area to get Broadband from the local exchange, I occasionally get a period of broken links with the exchange causing a great deal of frustration when downloading! The question is, when broadband is playing up can I plug in a modem to a USB socket and get dialup from a third party without damaging my Talktalk broadband link for further use? as they cannot supply a number for dialup or are there settings that need seeing to?

Any advice will be gratefully received

Pegangray

Gongoozler 17:41 03 Jan 2007

The answer is "Yes you can". If you want to, you can even have the dial-up modem and the broadband modem connected to the two outputs of the filter, although I prefer to disconnect the dial-up modem when it's not in use so I am immune to rogue diallers. When the two modems are installed, the dial box you get for connecting to the Internet will have a drop-down menu to give the choice of which connection you want.

pegangray 18:03 03 Jan 2007

Thank you Gongoozler I appreciate your help.

Dipso 20:58 03 Jan 2007

I use this company when setting folk up on the net click here You don't need to register and simply enter their username and password as given and dial in using the 0845 number.

Does your PC not have a built in dial-up modem?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

30 UK artists have created vibrant posters celebrating Pride London

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?