Broadband phoneline problems...

funbubble 19:42 11 Feb 2007

We recently upgraded to bt broadband and have a broadband line coming straight from the voyager router. Went well for a week or so.. now that line cuts off every 15 minutes or even less sometimes....Highly infuriating!!!
Any ideas anyone?

Expat 1 21:35 11 Feb 2007

Have you put filters across ALL or any other phones in the house? I fell foul of that when I recently installed my Broadband. I had missed one of the extensions and if someone picked the phone up or someone had tried to ring in I was getting cut of.

funbubble 21:42 11 Feb 2007

Yes Expat all filters have been fitted.......hmmm although I did get two of them from ebay!! maybe they are a cheap design?!

Dipso 21:55 11 Feb 2007

It could well be the filters are poor quality. Is this 8 Meg?

funbubble 21:57 11 Feb 2007

Yes Dipso
...(up to 8meg!!)

Dipso 22:01 11 Feb 2007

See if your router is listed click here and post your line stats.

woodchip 22:02 11 Feb 2007

Have you got an electrical appliance that is cutting in and out on 15 minutes?

funbubble 22:06 11 Feb 2007

Thanks for that woodchip....
Other than my fridge or freezer possibly???....this could take a while to sort!!
I'll try to knock out the possible variables before posting again...
Cheers

Dipso 22:09 11 Feb 2007

It could well be your wiring. Do you connect through an extension? This is worth doing click here

woodchip 22:11 11 Feb 2007

Also check the Phone line does not run near Mains cable at any point

funbubble 15:57 17 Feb 2007

I took the filters out from (safecom Model SAMF-1000) that I had bought on ebay and it seems to have done the trick as we have not had cut offs since.
I did want to put the line stats up for comment but I do not know the administrators password on the home PC as I did not set it up.(Ideas welcome)
Cheers for now

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?