BROADBAND & 'PHONE PACKAGES

BELSOX 20:16 21 Nov 2008

Purely on cost I'm considering changing from AOL to TISCALI for integrated BB & Phones. The tiscali packages include the line rental and therefor tops the AOL package by some £12-14 per month.
Has anyone any experience suggesting that this would be a good or bad move?
Which! recpmmends the service but that doesn't ALWAYS prove too succesful!
Regards
Bubbles

MAJ 20:24 21 Nov 2008

Personally, I wouldn't touch Tiscali with a barge pole, I have finally talked my mother into getting shot of them, MAC on it's way thankfully. I'm with TalkTalk, 8-meg broadband and phone package for about £20 per month. Includes free anytime calls to 01 and 02 numbers plus free calls to 36 other countries.

MAJ 20:27 21 Nov 2008
  Technotiger 20:33 21 Nov 2008

I second MAJ - Tiscali definitely not the best!

rdave13 20:53 21 Nov 2008

Talk Talk, AOL and CarPhoneWarehouse under the same roof. click here .

BELSOX 22:39 21 Nov 2008

Thanks for the helpful replies - I'd appreciate knowing if there are any GOOD experiences as well!

woodchip 22:40 21 Nov 2008

And I am with TalkTalk, Very good save pots of money

Spark6 23:12 21 Nov 2008

TalkTalk here, all OK.

Stuartli 23:35 21 Nov 2008

Carphone Warehouse owns AOL and TalkTalk - not quite "under the same roof."

I've been with TalkTalk for two-and-a-half-years. Best move I ever made (from Tiscali) and the original offer has still to be beaten after that time by its competitors.

TalkTalk pioneered the way for such packages and should be applauded for crushing the over the top charges for broadband and phone calls that we used to pay.

Even BT now offers free evening and weekend calls with its line rental charge...:-)

audeal 00:48 22 Nov 2008

I am with the Post Office BB (unlimited downloads) & Phone. Just recieved my monthly bill at under £26.

I get BroadBand with my phone and my line rental is paid for. Free evening and weekend calls, also I can phone any Mobile Phone at weekends to locations on their list for free. Also If you phone anyone who is also with the Post Office you get the call free 24/7. click here

beeuuem 01:27 22 Nov 2008

Just looked at TalkTalk to see if I could save by moving to them. They tell me that I can't have their "Speed Boost" as my linespeed is 8Mbps or less and the best they can offer is 6.4Mbps.
I'll stay with Be and 18185.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

30 UK artists have created vibrant posters celebrating Pride London

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?