Broadband but not wireless

Georgie68 11:26 26 Mar 2008

I currently have Virgin Media as my phone provider and use Aol dial-up (don't laugh, it's suited me just fine ;->), however, i'm considering getting broadband but don't want wireless. I would even fork out the £124.99 to have a BT line installed if it was more economical in the long run. I do quite a bit of downloading/uploading, so wouldn't want something to restrict this - any ideas please?

MAJ 11:42 26 Mar 2008

"I do quite a bit of downloading/uploading, so wouldn't want something to restrict this"

All providers will have an acceptable use policy which basically will not allow you to have "Unlimted" downloads. Any broadband connection doesn't have to be wireless if you don't want it to.

harveymoon 11:45 26 Mar 2008

I have used BT for 3 years now without any problems,you can change between packages depending on what download limits you want and they have a secure digital vault online for your files etc and free anti-virus on the top package, and if you download there software it will diagnose and repair any problems you may have with the broadband! Top Class!

pj123 12:27 26 Mar 2008

I assume you are on cable with Virginmedia?

My BB was NTL, now Virginmedia at the 4mb level (L) soon to be updated to 10mb for free.

Not had any problems and unlimited downloads.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?