broadband migration problem

Simpsonleys 13:36 24 Apr 2009

I am currently with tiscali, getting my phone calls as well as broadband and pay line rental to them as well. when I tried to migrate to talk talk they said they didn't recognise the phone line as a BT one and would need to install a new one. it is definitely a land line -when I spoke to tiscali they said the line would have to be handed back to BT for me to be able to migrate to talk talk and there would be a charge for this (not sure if the charge is by BT or not) Can anyone help me understand this and tell me hoew to movw without incurring charges

Thanks

anchor 13:44 24 Apr 2009

Try speaking to BT direct; they may be able to take the line over.

Simpsonleys 14:33 24 Apr 2009

However my preference would be to go to another provider - I suppose i could migrate my landline and calls to Bt then sign up with someone else for the broadband if that is possible

anchor 16:29 24 Apr 2009

I cannot see any reason why you could not do it that way, once BT take the line back.

I assume that you completed your minimum contract period with Tiscali.

Poitier 19:47 24 Apr 2009

Hi,
I am also with Tiscali and get frequent offers from BT to return to them. It is reliably reported in the financial press that Tiscali is in serios financial difficulty..It is reported to be in talks with Carphone Wherehouse..Although this is a long running saga it appears to be reaching a climax.If you wait you might get a free transfer.
click here

Simpsonleys 20:11 24 Apr 2009

for the responses

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?