Broadband and Microsoft Outlook

MoiraB 12:12 02 Oct 2004

I have just installed my broadband connection and want Microsoft Outlook to use this for sending and receiving emails. I've got all the information I need but I've forgotten how to put it in. Please can someone give me instructions. Thanks!!

VoG II 12:19 02 Oct 2004

In Outlook 2003, Tools/E-mail Accounts, tick Add a new e-mail account and follow the prompts.

MoiraB 12:25 02 Oct 2004

Thanks VoG but I use Outlook 97 when I go into Tools, Services, Add it doesn't show my new broadband service.

VoG II 12:28 02 Oct 2004

Does click here help?

MoiraB 15:09 02 Oct 2004

I've managed that and the broadband service is now set as the default but Outlook is still sending emails with my old email address as the sender and when I sent an email to the new email address it didn't arrive.

VoG II 15:22 02 Oct 2004

When you click the New button to create a new message, you should see an Accounts button. Clicking this lets you choose which account to send from.

I don't know about the not receiving messages. Have you double-checked that all the settings that you entered have been stored correctly?

MoiraB 16:47 02 Oct 2004

No I don't get the option of which account to send from. It just automatically sends it from the freeserve account, which makes a nonsense of my telling people to reply to this account!! Do you think if I deleted the Freeserve account it would revert to the new one?

VoG II 16:51 02 Oct 2004

Yes, it won't have much choice if you delete the Freeserve account. Make a note of the settings just in case you need to put it on again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?