Broadband Microfilters - how many do I need?!

David-235429 17:46 13 Feb 2004

I am looking at making the change from dial-up to BB but not sure how many microfilters I need. I presntly have an extension telephone socket running to my pc which I have wired in to the back of the main telephone socket, this runs some 40 ft from the lounge to the dining room where my pc is. Running out of the front of the main socket I have a splitter, with one going to my telephone and one going to my Sky digibox. I am assuming that I only need one microfilter and that will be at the PC end of the hard wired telephone extension that I currently use for my internet connection. Sorry if this sounds daft!!

Bagsey 18:09 13 Feb 2004

One filter for each telephone you have connected to your home phone system.

Indigo 1 18:13 13 Feb 2004
  gaz800 18:20 13 Feb 2004

it is 1 filter per telephone / connection, unless you are using cordless phones, then only the base unit needs it.

minter 22:02 13 Feb 2004

As Bagsey and gas800 say you need a filter for your pc, and one for every socket that is being used by a phone.

I have a filter on the junction box that feeds my pc/telephone, and one on the splitter that feeds Sky's connection and the base station for the cordless phone system.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?