broadband link again

awest3 19:32 03 May 2008

I seem to have a reoccurance of a problem I had when first switching to skay as my isp.
I lose the line and also lose the link to the router (192.168.0.1), Sometimes the routers yellow light will stay on, if I can get to the router it says connected (3776 up, 384 down) but the SKy tested says no internet connection found. Another time I will find that my onboard broadcom network adapter has a red croos on it in device manager. Another time when I get onto the router it will show a noise ratio of 7db up and 1db down then it will show a massive number up (i.e. not connected) and 1db down...Another time I will get a 'windows IP conflist with another device msg'
not sure where this is leading but I'd like to be able to solve it if possible..any ideas folks..could it actually be that my onboard adapter if failing but intermitent;y...? When it works the speed is great..

Al

awest3 19:38 03 May 2008

Sorry forgot to say...Dell dimension 5000, 3 gig mem, 3.4 mhz intel 4 chip, XP home (sp2), two drive with 750 gig between them...

I have a wireless connection to another desktop and a laptop...when I'm having problems and I plug in the laptop to the router I still cannot get on..so I'm sort of ruling out much wrong with my desktop....When its all working the wireless perform really well with both desktop and laptop...I had the same problem when I first switched to Sky (6 weeks or so) the all ok until last Thurday and been intermittent now since then..mostly down...

Al

awest3 19:41 03 May 2008

must really do somthing about my spelling...

Skay = SKY, croos = cross, conflist = conflict, no semi colon or Y after intermitent.

Al

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?