broadband keeps losing connection

coubury 19:42 15 Jan 2007

i have a wireless bt voyager 2091 router i have my pc connected via wires were as my laptop is connected via wireless i am currently on the top speed provided by bt in my area, the problem is my pc keeps losing the internet connection it works sometimes but most of the time it dosent work, in saying that it worked 100% a few weeks ago, but not now, i ahve tried reinstalling the drouter drivers and changing the wires but still no luck

lotvic 20:04 15 Jan 2007

check on their service status page for server outages - it may not be be you that has the fault click here or click here

Dipso 20:24 15 Jan 2007

Just to clarify...you say the problem is your PC loses the connection. Does your laptop not have this problem?

Could be a number of things...maybe the condition of your line has deteriorated. If your noise margin has dropped that could cause dropouts. Look up your router here and post your line stats click here

coubury 23:43 15 Jan 2007

what excatly do you want me to post up?

and yes the laptop is fine it dosent lose the connection

woodchip 23:49 15 Jan 2007

Then it is the Desktop Problem. May need the Network card reseating. Or if it's onboard the Mobo may be faulty. ether way you should try a new card

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?