broadband connection without router

Hucky 12:26 27 Nov 2004

hi guys....i am trying 2 connect 2 pc`s with broadband and someone told me that u can do it without a router....any suggestions...!! ta

Kegger 12:44 27 Nov 2004

do you want to be a bit more specific?if you mean that you want to share a broad band internet connection to two pc's this can be done via microsoft ICS (Internet connections Sharing) or you can use a proxy server, only caveate is the PC that has the Internet connection must be switched on and that the PC's are networked either via a switch / hub or via wireless cards on a peer to peer arrangement. if you let me know exactly what you want to do i can help you further ( i have seven pc's on a network all with Internet access)

Hucky 12:54 27 Nov 2004

yes, i want to share a broad band internet connection to two pc's this can be done via microsoft ICS (Internet connections Sharing) can u tell me how i go about it...ta

spargo 13:05 27 Nov 2004

Have a read click here

Kegger 13:06 27 Nov 2004

i an assuming you have XP (let me know if not)on the pc that has the Internet connection go to the network connection icon (Start>control Panel>Network Connections)right click on icon select 'properties' then select 'advanced' tick the ICS box and read the 'Learn more about Internet connection sharing' if i remember correctly you will need a floppy disk to set it up on both PC's as i said before both PC's need to be connected to each other either by local lan hardwired (ethernet) or via a wireless connection

Hucky 13:15 27 Nov 2004

the pc with the internet connection has xp the other one has me

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?