broadband - can't dial out on phone

plectrum 10:48 28 Apr 2003

I've just got connected to broadband, everything seems to be working nicely except that i've just found out that i cannot dial out from my telephone, yet i have no problems receiving calls.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Hobbit 11:26 28 Apr 2003

I take it you are using your microfilters on the phone line?

graham√ 11:29 28 Apr 2003

Do you get dial tone? If so, try switching your phone fom tone to pulse, or vice versa. If that works, come back.

plectrum 11:36 28 Apr 2003

thanks for your responses, i've just done a bit of fiddling and have found that if i disconnect one of my filters everything works fine, the question i have now is will it do any harm to have one of my phones without a filter, there is no interference when i am not using it.

graham√ 12:23 28 Apr 2003

Do you mean there is interference when you are using it? If the filter is faulty, which seems to be the case, your ISP should send you another.

graham√ 12:25 28 Apr 2003

Should have added, it won't do any harm to have no filter, the phone doesn't affect the BB.

keith 12:37 28 Apr 2003

Have a look here click here

You may have problems without the filter but it will not do any harm/damage.

plectrum 14:30 28 Apr 2003

thanks guys for your help, had to nip out for a while, so i've only just read your replies. Graham - there was no interference when i was using the filter + there is no interference without it, so i assume i can leave it out.
Keith - read your link, but as i've said i don't seem to have any problems without the filter and everything seems to work fine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?