Broadband acnt & Anytime Dial acnt on 1 pc & Line

Giggle n' Bits 23:36 21 Jul 2004

Ok me, I am with Wanadoo.

I currently run Anytime account dial up, but want to add a a new BBand account with same ISP new emial address on same machine.

What I want to know as I read it takes BT 10 days to fiddle about at there end. This bit where BT do something on the line at there end I worry about. My current Dial up is fine and decent connection speed for dial up 52Kbps.

So if I also go Bband route keeping the anytime and Bt fiddle about does anyone know if this will effect line quality and have a knockon effect to my Dial up ???

johnsims 23:40 21 Jul 2004

Shouldn't do. Most BB ISPs give you a dial up number to use in emergencies such as when the BB connection is down. I've certainly used a modem alongside a BB connection on the same line with no problems or noticeable deterioration.

Giggle n' Bits 23:46 21 Jul 2004

Don't need to remind me, I know I worry toooo much.

Just I read old post and strange things.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 23:49 21 Jul 2004

Have recently moved from freeserve Anytime to Wannadao BB, had no problems should have done it ages ago. connect 576Kbps phone line working nonstop (have 2 daughters)

However when you get modem install exactly as instructed but don't bother waiting for the e-mail from wannado to tell you that your online, as soon as the both led stop flashing BB is up and running.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

This is what design agencies will look like in 2032

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache