BROADBAND

hiwatt 12:08 02 May 2007

Hi folks,could anyone tell me who they think would be the best broadband provider to go with?Got a leaflet from bt saying firt 6 months 9.99 but you can only download 2g a month?I've not got a clue about these things so any help is much appreciated.

Kate B 13:31 02 May 2007
  hiwatt 13:46 02 May 2007

Thanks.BT are top of the table but what does the up to 2g a month mean?This is for someone else.I'm with virgin and it's unlimited download but I don't really know the difference between the two.Thanks.

Kate B 13:54 02 May 2007

It means that any data over the 2GB limit you download will be charged extra for. Most people don't need unlimited accounts, but if you're looking at a capped account, it's worth keeping an eye on your downloads for a month to see what you do use. You'd be surprised how it adds up with security updates and stuff like that. As an example, I've downloaded just over 3GB in the past month.

birdface 14:00 02 May 2007

If you are with Virgin you might be better staying with them at the moment,They are supposed to be doing large upgrade speeds this month.

hiwatt 14:57 02 May 2007

Thanks a lot folks.

Stuartli 15:46 02 May 2007

To keep a daily and running monthly check on download and upload amounts use Tautology Bandwidth Meter - simple to use and very efficient:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?